Monday, June 1, 2009

Guess i should write something :-)

Although i have nothing in particular to write about, it has been a while since i updated this, so i thought i should write something.  It's not that nothing has happened in the last two weeks, its just that nothing needed a whole blog post to itself.

Good things that have happened:
  • I went to Equip 09 with Mum and Katie.  The topic for this year was the book of Esther.  It is a book where God is not mentioned, but is clearly behind the way everything unfolds.  Nothing happens by chance.  
  • I got to see Katie's new place (she moved out of home about two weeks ago and is now, after a long search, sharing a flat with two friends of hers).  
  • It was really good to catch up with a friend of mine that i hadn't seen in a while.  (Her son is now 4 months old and it was the first time i had seen him.)   
  • Ron and I made a lemon meringue pie on saturday (mum had given us three lemons from her tree).  It took several hours, but worked really well and was really yummy.  Yay for google-ing "lemon meringue" and using the first link found. 
  • I started counting Bub's "episodes" (ie sets of kicks / rolling over) today.  I was told she should do at least ten in 12 hours.  She is currently well ahead of schedule, at 6 "episodes" since 7 am this morning.
Not so good things:
  • I had to do a glucose tolerance test which was horrible (special diet for 3 days, fast, blood test - sugar drink - sit still for 2 hours - another blood test).  But on the more positive side, my results were fine.
  • I have a cold. 
  • I wish there was a way of having medical records available to each doctor that treats you so that each doctor doesn't say "your platelets are low - we'll have to do another test in two weeks / a month / 2 months etc".  My platelets are at normal levels for me - the last doctor did a series of blood tests over a year to check on them - but i now have to have more blood tests anyway.  Grrrr.

No comments: