Sunday, June 28, 2009
Sunday afternoon
Life is both interesting and really boring at the moment. It's less than 50 days until Bub is due, but it's still too soon to begin all the washing of clothes, nappies, sheets and blankets etc. I still want to wait another 3 weeks or so before I begin that. My Dad has to have bypass surgery tomorrow (as he has two blocked arteries), but there is not a lot I can do to help at this point in time (I'll visit later in the week, once he is out of intensive care). It's finally a relatively free weekend, but Ron is at the stage of his course where he is not allowed to come home at all (or even talk on the phone) for nearly 2 weeks :-(. As a result, it's Sunday afternoon and I am really bored. I originally thought that a large part of the afternoon would be taken up with my appointment with the midwife, however I was on my way home again less than half an hour after I arrived at the hospital (I was even more than 10 min early for the appointment). The appointment itself was a little frustrating. Not only does everyone keep questioning the due date (and then deciding that the 13th is the right one after all), but now they can't decide if my pregnancy gets classified as "high risk" or whether I can still be in the "low risk" category (apparently being in the middle isn't allowed). All because of my stupid slightly low platelet levels (I wonder who chose 150 as the normal cut-off point instead of something slightly lower, say 135). My next appointment (in two weeks) is with the doctor, and I hope they will decide then (after yet another blood test).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jenny, hope your dad's surgery go well will be praying for him. It must be hard not having Ron around for 2 weeks! we should meet up for coffee this week :) let me know when you'll be in ok?
love Nga
Post a Comment