Monday, August 31, 2009

And the winner is!

Hey Everyone,

I have a little story to tell you all so please have a seat and enjoy.

Since the dawn of time there has been an eternal struggle between wife and husband or husband and wife. This struggle has not been posted on any forums, talked about at rallies or even ushered in the quietest corners of the galaxy.

Don't worry - it is talked about though but only in secret and feared by all couples with children that it will strike them! I can only be talking about 1 thing:

Who - "husband or wife" - will be the first to be urinated/pooped on by the baby?!

The next chapter in this thrilling story (assuming you are still reading this lol) has been written today in our household.

The inglorious winner was none other than Jenni herself and it was with both hands up! Abigail was in fine form when she rammed front on into Jenni with a nasty combination of wee and poop during a nappy change!

All this time I was worried that Abi would side with her mother and today she bought a tear to my eye and much pains to my stomach (due to so much laughter!) as she picked her mother as the winner of this prestigious award. Ahh, the joys of parent hood.

I thought I would post a funny topic today as God is blessing us I think.

Abigail isn't sleeping perfectly (but what baby doesn't huh?) but she is giving us at least a 4 - 5 hour block sometime during the night and with me home Jenni is able to relax during the day (my hat is off to mothers who do this all by themselves and don't have a hubby to help them for a decent period after birth due to work reasons).

Breast feeding is going well and we are learning to trust God more and more each day with what we should be doing.

Church has been great, they have provided us with an abundance of meals and we are getting back into our quiet times as well.

Thanks to all who have been praying for us and given us presents - truly God has blessed us with friends like you.

Keep safe and will post again soon with photo's.

Ron, Jenni & Abigail

No comments: