Friday, August 14, 2009

More patience

Well, the 40 weeks are up, and Bub has not yet arrived. We had a doctors appointment yesterday. My platelet levels are dropping again, so they want to induce Bub soon. However, they need to balance the risks. Low platelet levels make a c-section more dangerous, so they need to balance the risk of my platelets dropping further (if they don't induce soon) with the risk of a failed induction (if they induce too soon). The current plan is to have more blood tests and reassess mid next week. On the other hand, I am still hoping that Bub will decide to arrive on her (or his) own before what ever day they end up scheduling the induction for.

1 comment:

Emeraldflare said...

Hi Jenni!
I miss you!!! uni esp. coffee is not the same without you! we'll keep praying for you and bub :o) anyday now eh? Liz and I will prob visit after bub is born...keep us posted ok